We’ve been having SO.MUCH.FUN with the Kevin Murphy ammonia-free color line. The colors in our line are PPD-free, ammonia-free and full of naturally derived ingredients including shea butter, honey and pomegranate. Look at these beautiful shades!
We recently were asked by the Today Show how to avoid Halloween hair hijinks!
You can read the full article here, and below is an excerpt:
“If you get glitter stuck to your scalp, try using a clarifying shampoo such as Kevin Murphy Maxi Wash. This often does the trick for my clients. Gently massage the scalp with the shampoo to break up any glitter that has affixed to your scalp,” said Jonathan Elkhouri, master stylist and owner of Salon Khouri in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. If you are attempting any hair looks that defy gravity using wire (like Pippi Longstocking or Dr. Seuss’ Whoville characters), be sure to use a coated wire such as a pipe cleaner or wired-ribbon. If your hair gets stuck in one of the wires, apply a generous amount of conditioner onto the knot and gently work out the tangle, Elkhouri suggests. The conditioner will make the hair slippery enough to detangle the wire from the hair.
- Buy 1, take 25% off soaps and candles
- Receive $10 SK instant cash toward a low-light add-on
- Book a full lash service and receive $20 SK Cash toward lash fill
- Show your support children battling cancer Childhood Cancer Awareness! Come in for a Yellow-Gold hair extension for $10 with all proceeds donated to The Truth 365.
* Promotions valid through September 30th, 2015. Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
We often hear from our Salon Khouri Enthusiasts that they never see our Facebook posts appear in their newsfeeds. Well, if you have ‘Liked’ the Salon Khouri Facebook page then wonder why you never see our posts, it’s due to Facebook constantly tinkering with their algorithm of what appears in your newsfeed. Facebook’s constant changes are very difficult for small business owners to navigate. What makes some of these recent changes more difficult for the small business owner is how Facebook has changed the game so that businesses are now having to pay for posts to show up in their fans’ newsfeeds. Yes, you heard us … we have to pay to get you to see content that you’ve told Facebook you want to see by the mere fact that you ‘Liked’ our page. Not a big deal for large companies with tremendous advertising budgets, but it’s pretty frustrating for smaller ones with limited advertising dollars. But, thanks to some clever folks in internet land, we found a few ways to help you get more of our content in your feed.
We want to start by saying that we typically only post once a day (if that), so please know that we won’t be junking up your newsfeed by following the steps below to ensure more of our content shows on your feed.
The first thing you will want to do is navigate to our Salon Khouri Facebook page. Once there, hover over the Like button (click Like if you have not yet Liked our page), then select, Get Notifications:
Next, a button should appear to the right of the ‘Liked’ button which will allow you to customize how you see our posts in your Newsfeed. Here, select See First.
Additionally, please be sure to Like, Comment, or Share our posts. Even though you have completed the steps above, Facebook also uses these statistics when deciding what appears in your Newsfeed.
Facebook has been a great way for us to connect with our Enthusiasts and to share information about our Community Partners, to have contests, and to highlight some of the phenomenal work our amazing team does. We hope you enjoy what we post and always value feedback from you on how we can improve! We just want to be sure you are actually seeing what we post
- Receive a complimentary haircut with any full keratin treatment.
- Receive $10 Salon Khouri cash toward future appointment when booking any 60 or 90 minute facial.
- Receive a complimentary brow wax with the purchase any G.M. Collins product over $50.
* Promotions valid through July 31st, 2015. Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
- Say Thank You! to your teachers and to mom! Purchase any of our 16 oz. body candles and receive 40% off any scrub!
- Receive a complimentary conditioning treatment with any partial or full foil!
- Add our Instant Eye and Lip Contour Treatment for just $25 to any facial!
* Promotions valid through May 31st, 2015. Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.