Precautions we are taking during the COVID-19 – Coronavirus outbreak
We wanted to take a quick moment to update you on what we are doing to keep you and our team safe during the COVID-19 (aka, Coronavirus) outbreak. We are working diligently to safely keep our doors open, gathering advice from CDC and local healthcare agency guidance:
- Our team is sanitizing surface areas with Lysol (chairs, stations, door knobs, credit card machine, countertops, etc.) after every guest.
- Our team members are asked to wash their hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 hands frequently throughout the day.
- We encourage guests to use our restrooms to wash hands with warm soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds as they leave the salon.
- As of last week, we stopped serving beverages in glasses and mugs switching instead to single-use plastic.
- As always, we are washing towels after every guest.
- We are washing capes after every guest.
- We are refraining from shaking hands or giving hugs – this one is hard for us as we love our guests so much! But, it’s because we love you that we are implementing this policy until Coronavirus has subsided.
- We will keep front and rear doors of the salon open when we can to keep air circulation fresh. We also have expanded HVAC fans that pull air OUT of the salon that we use when doing keratin treatments or perms that will have running at all times.
- Our team has been instructed to not come to work if they are feeling even the least bit under the weather.
- If you feel ill in any way, we ask that you refrain from coming to your appointment. We will not be charging cancellation fees – please just do let us know either via text (703.273.7878), calling us (703.273.7878) or emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we do not worry about you!
Also, we are offering $3 flat shipping on any products directly to your home. If you are running low on shampoo or conditioner, please support us, a local small business. More than 80% of your dollars spent at a local business stay within the local community <3
Mostly, please know that this time, stressful for so many, will pass. We have a hope that is greater than us, and we trust in the peace of that hope.
Jonathan and Jennifer Elkhouri
P.S. We will definitely be hosting a healthcare workers THANK YOU event once this passes. These men and women are incredible in how they are serving our community — putting others before themselves.